Coda File System

Re: RVM private mapping ....

From: Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:51:10 -0800 (PST)
>What platform? Solaris, Linux, NetBSD? Did you map more RVM data than
>physically available memory?

Sorry I didn't answer all your questions ...

a) NetBSD 1.4.1
b) real mem  16M
c) RVM data 130M

>I had expected a bigger improvement ;), what is the resident set size
>once the server is up. I guess that would be a good indication of how

Here is ps output.

USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
root      2118  0.0 13.8  3624 2200 ??  S<s   3:19PM    0:15.61 codasrv -mappri

The server does not have many files on it yet.

>Did the rvm_basher turn up any more problems?
Just that one ... and I haven't figured out the problem.  It happens
with anonymous and private mappings.  I'll look into it furthur.

--
Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu