Coda File System

Re: coda

From: Paul Patrick Carpio Prantilla <impact24_at_ilagsnet.ath.cx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 03:06:05 +0800
On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 00:49, Mark Hannessen wrote:

> root_at_xp2600s:/# clog codasys
> username: codasys_at_xp2600pro
> Password:
> Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm 'xp2600pro'
> Invalid login (RPC2_FAIL (F)).
>
> But I can ping this machine using its hostname, IP and its FQDN.
> I don't understand the problem. Anybody any hints for me on how to deal with
> this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Hannessen.

Hi Mark,

Btw, did you try putting the ff line in your /etc/coda/realms? :

xp2600pro <ip address of xp2600pro>

That's what I usually do when I can't clog to a newly installed coda
server despite being able to ping it. It would work then after I put
that line. Before I figured that one out, I had to do something like
"clog impact24_at_192.168.0.1" to get it going.

Hope that helps.

-Paul