Coda File System

Re: old documentation

From: Gabriel B. <gabriel.barros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:14:45 -0300
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:37:03 -0500, Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> The authorative place on the server is in RVM, but copies of the data
> should be available in /vice/db/VRList (replication information) and
> /vice/vol/BigVolumeList (location information).

So if i don't use replication it's ok that o only have BigVolumeList
and no VRList?
(becaus it's how it is right now)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:45:56 -0500, Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> That's a good indication that there are no known partitions on the
> server, otherwise it would have looked more like

When i use the createvol_rep (with bash -x) i get at the end:

+ echo 'creating volume p.netqi.0 on camboinha.servers (partition /vicepa)'
creating volume p.netqi.0 on camboinha.servers (partition /vicepa)
+ volutil -h camboinha.servers create_rep /vicepa p.netqi.0 7f000001
V_BindToServer: binding to host camboinha.servers
VolCreate failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 103
+ '[' 255 -ne 0 ']'
+ echo 'Failure to make volume on camboinha.servers!. Abort..'
Failure to make volume on camboinha.servers!. Abort..
+ exit 1

/vicepa is NOT a partition. I can't partition the machine until i can
get coda up and runing :-/
inside this /vicepa dir i have a zero sie file FTREEDB