Coda File System

Re: auth2 problems with new installation

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:08:11 -0400
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 02:29:40PM +1200, Jeremy Bowen wrote:
> On the client I have successfully started venus and everything seems happy.
> I've been able to connect to testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu.
>
> I've shut down the client and re-run "venus-setup mrblue.localdomain 4000" to
> use the server "mrblue". When I try a "clog jeremy" I get the following error
> message;
> username: jeremy_at_mrblue.localdomain
> Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm
> 'mrblue.localdomain'
>
> Any clues as to what I should be looking for ? Thanks in advance.

Does 'host mrblue.localdomain' work, i.e. does that return an ip-address?

Also your cache size is very small, check the venus logfiles in
/usr/coda/etc/ if venus actually managed to start. Coda uses whole file
caching, so with that setting any file larger than about 3.5-4.0 MB
cannot be fetched by a client that is configured for a 4000 block
cache size.