Coda File System

Cannot log in to realm

From: Andrzej Wieczorek <andrzej.wieczorek_at_gridwisetech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:22:58 +0200
When I start venus the output says:
12:25:05 Mounting root volume...
12:25:05 Venus starting...
12:25:05 /coda now mounted.

But when I look into /usr/coda/etc/console there one line more:
***LWP (0x9d35cf0): Select returns error: 4

I've search the list archive and Jan Harkes said this is harmless.

The realm file looks like this (beside the example realms from coda):
myrealm    host1 host2

So why can I make
ls /coda/testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu
and cannot make
ls /coda/myrealm ?

When I try to clog username then I get this error:
Invalid login (RPC2_NOBINDING (F))

But trying "clog username_at_ip_of_host1" succeeds and then I can do
ls /coda/ip_of_host1

I looked for a problem with the auth2 so I looked up
/vice/auth/AuthLog and there was the line: ***LWP (0x81d1ec0): Select
returns error: 4

I don't know where to look for more information about the source of
the problem so I decided to write to the mailing list.

--
Andrzej Wieczorek