Coda File System

Divorce part 2

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:34:11 -0500
Hi all,

It seems like most of the problems associated with splitting LWP out of
the main tree have been resolved. I've modified my RVM and RPC2 packages
to hopefully make for an even smoother transition.

The new RPC2 tree is already abused quite heavily by the Odyssey group
and all changes that happened in the main Coda tree have been applied.

They seem to compile nicely on all platforms (Phil, I even tested on
Solaris 7 this time ;). So I guess it's time for everyone to anticipate
that they will soon need yet 2 other external packages before they can
build Coda successfully.

You can grab a copy of both trees from CVS

    CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous_at_coda.cs.cmu.edu:/coda-src,
    cvs login # empty password

    cvs co rpc2
    cvs co rvm

They are both similar to lwp in that they require automake, autoconf and
libtool. In the root directory is ./bootstrap.sh which needs to be run
to set up the basic build environment.