Coda File System

Re: vice error ...

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:54:08 -0500
On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 01:30:32PM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:

> >It will get COP2 messages, but.... CO2's aren't guaranteed. With replicated
> >volumes this doesn't matter that much because when a COP2 is missed the VV's
> >will be in conflict and resolution is triggered which does the truncation.
>
> Where are the COP2 generated?  And why did the log fill if a singly
> replicated volume does get a COP2?  I'll admit I was trying to stress the
> server. I was untarring a 26 Meg compressed tar file.  But coda should be
> able to handle this.

Every multirpc results in a COP2 message. This COP2 is either piggybacked on
the next multirpc call, or when they are delayed by more than 5 seconds sent
using ViceCOP2. Every COP2 kills off a single resolution log entry.

If you see `incomplete hostset in COP2' messages the logentry is not
truncated because not all servers were involved in the original transaction.