Coda File System

Venus Protocol

From: Ayal Spitz <spitz_a_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
Is there a document that describes the protocol used
by Venus to communicate with Vice server? If so, could
some on point it out. I am very interested in learning
more about CODA and it inner workings.

I understand the RPC2 is used as the transport layer
but I am interested in the specifics, the guts. What
would be very cool, if it existed, was a technical
document that went step by step and described what
happens from the point of a call by the OS for a file
until the file is returned to the OS.

I've seen "The Coda Distributed File System" document,
but I'm looking for more detail.

Thanks in advance - AYAL