Coda File System

Re: no user.coda(5) man page? (and other doc problems)

From: Yui-wah LEE (Clement) <clement_at_ux3.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:37:10 -0400 (EDT)

> There appears to be no user.coda(5) man page (it is mentioned in the
> pwd2pdb(8) man page, and it is in the postscript manual.
>
> The postscript manual, on page 28, mentions the man page
> passwd.coda(5), which does not appear to exist.
>
> The postscript manual, on page 28, says in Appendix IV there is an
> example of passwd.coda(5), but that is not present.
>
> -Bradley

Hi, Bradley,

You can call up man page for user.coda(5) by "man user_coda" and
groups.coda(5) by "man groups_coda".  I think Peter picked underscore
rather than the "." as an hack for some reason.  He is on vacation and
I can't confirm from him.

The file user.coda and passwd.coda are actually the same thing (Josh
may correct me if I am wrong).  Two names have been used as suggested
name for this file in the long history of Coda ... Should we settle to
a fixed name so as not to cause further confusion ?

-- Clement