Coda File System

Re: Portmapper

From: <thoth_at_purplefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:09:02 -0500
Brian Bartholomew <bb_at_wv.com> ,in message <199803311745.MAA16766_at_battleship>, w
	rote:

> > Maintaining a single CA certificate to verify server certificates is
> > a little easier than copying all the keys around.
>
> I'm happy as long as the certificate authority is on a box under my
> control.  There's no reason any central authority should audit or
> control my use of Coda.

  Precisely.  You create your own CA, install the cert on all the coda
machines in the cluster, and then issue certificates for each server.

--
Bob Forsman                                   thoth_at_gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/