Coda File System

Re: yer port numbers suck

From: <thoth_at_purplefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:45:50 -0400
<braam_at_cs.cmu.edu> ,in message <199804151833.OAA01392_at_carissimi.coda.cs.cmu.edu
	>, wrote:

> No, I think one arcane animal has a hardcoded portnumber.
>
> To make your filterlife even more complicated, we are working on a
> portmapper!

  Dear god, NO!  Actually, this isn't really a problem as long as you provide
and document a command-line flag to allow the sysadmin to set the port numbers.
This way people who don't care won't do a thing, and those who do care can
control the port numbers and build filter rules to match.

--
Bob Forsman                                   thoth_at_gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/