Coda File System

Re: your APIC patch and my Coda patch

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds_at_transmeta.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:13:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 4 May 1998, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> No more hangs and I really went at it the last few hours. I applied the
> two changes you emailed to me and Ingo privately and things seem a lot
> better now (several builds working in parallel etc).

Good, we're obviously on the rihgt path, and not fighting some unknown
problem. Can you take a look at the new pre-100-2 that I'm about to put on
ftp.kernel.org shortly? It will contain your patch, and should also
contain the irq.c setup that should be stable, but I wanted to make sure
and if you can verify that your machine is stable with the "official"
pre-100-2, that would be really good (neither I nor Ingo obviously saw any
problems with the earlier kernels that didn't work for you).

		Linus