Coda File System

Kerberos for Coda!

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 20:11:30 -0400 (EDT)
New: Kerberos for Coda!

This is worth a little announcement, although we still have to finish
stuff off a bit.  Robert Watson explored during the last few months how
Kerberos can be used with Coda.  Robert and I have sore fingers after we
spent many hours putting it in the Coda code. We have support for Kerberos
4 and  5 and for old style Coda authentication.

There is one source file which we cannot export from the US/Canada and we
will make arrangements for a proper downloading procedure for this file.
You will also have to set one flag in the makefile and one in a config.h
file (of course this can eventually be automated with configure)).

Numerous extensions can be considered to make our simple "accept user from
a given realm" policy more flexible (hint hint, volunteers....).  At this
moment we also do not yet have stronger encryption _after_ the initial
binding, but that will come too (and its easy since it is basically
already possible).

Well here they are:
 -kerberos5
 -kerberos4
 -good old Coda
authentication!

- Peter -

[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ cunlog
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=6835 : Not Authenticated
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ./clog -kerberos5 -host sparta.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=6835 : [Expires May 12 20:57]
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ cunlog
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=6835 : Not Authenticated
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ./clog -kerberos4 -host sparta.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
Aquired kerberos authenticator; sending to auth server
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=6835 : [Expires May 12 20:58]
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ cunlog
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ./clog -host sparta.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
Password:
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=6835 : [Expires May 12 20:58]
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ kdestroy
Tickets destroyed.
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ klist
Ticket file:    /tkt/6835-4860-894925605
klist: You have no tickets cached
[braam_at_sparta auth2]$ ./clog -kerberos4 -host sparta.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
auser: You have no tickets cached (76)
Invalid login (Unknown RPC2 return code 1).