Coda File System

Re: coda-4.6.0-pre2.tgz available

From: J.A. Harkes <Jan.Harkes_at_cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:14:39 +0200
"Peter J. Braam" wrote:
> I have just uploaded coda-4.6.0-pre2.tgz.

Downloading...
Untarring...
./configure
make coda
Compiling.........

configs/Makeconf.linux
  Debian doesn't have/need -ltermcap.

  LIBTERMCAP= #-ltermcap

  I don't know if this can be solved in a generic way.

coda-src/libal
  lot's of undefined references to yydebug.

  yydebug only exists when YYDEBUG != 0 (bison?).
  adding `int yydebug;' works for me. But it is better (and portable to
  yacc) when all references to yydebug are conditonally compiled with
  #if YYDEBUG != 0 / #endif, but it isn't pretty. (YYDEBUG needs to be
  defined in the parsepdb.h file etc.)

coda-src/vtools
  Hardcoded -ltermcap in the Makefile replaced it with $(LIBTERMCAP).

coda-src/asr
  linking C++ object files with C linker, -> lots of undefined
  references to exception handling variables etc.

  Changed the link-rule to use $(CXX) instead of $(CC).

For the rest compilation went without errors. The only things left to do
are testing if it actually works and packaging. But I'll leave that for
the weekend.

Congratulations,