Coda File System

tcpdump for RPC2

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:17:57 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:03:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Peter J. Braam" <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
To: coda-announce_at_TELEMANN.coda.cs.cmu.edu,
        coda-linux_at_TELEMANN.coda.cs.cmu.edu, general_at_TELEMANN.coda.cs.cmu.edu
cc: kwalker_at_cs.cmu.edu, jflinn_at_cs.cmu.edu, robert_at_watson.org
Subject: RPC2 tcpdump

Tcpdump for RPC2: printing the packet headers

Shafeeq and I have just made available our current version of tcpdump
which can print packet headers for any RPC2 Subsystem.

The sources are available from

ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/tools/tcpdump/rpc2tcpdump-1.0.tgz

We also have rpm packages for RedHat 5.0:

rpc2tcpdump-coda-1.0-1.i386.rpm
rpc2tcpdump-coda-1.0-1.src.rpm

in the same directory.

the README file in the top directory contains instructions.

It is known to work on Linux, NetBSD 1.3 and FreeBSD.

All you need to do to print your subsystem is to put the rp2gen generated
headers in the coda subdirectory of tcpdump.  We have left the Coda rp2gen
produced header files in the coda subdirectory of tcpdump (see the README)
as an example.  You may need to edit build-print.sh to say "perl5"
instead of "perl" on machines where ancient perls are the default.

This program has helped us a lot during the last few months.

 - Shafeeq Sinnamohideen & Peter Braam -