Coda File System

Large working sets.

From: <bwoodard_at_cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:13:08 -0600
I was wondering what the implications of making a very large venus
cache would be. I currently have it setup to be 40000k but I am
finding that my daily working set is much larger. 100Mb seems more
appropriate.

What would happen if I made venus cache of something like 1Gb? I know
that there are some limitations due to RVM on a vice server but these
seem to be hidden for venus.

When would it be more efficient to have a full vice replication volume
on a local machine instead of a huge venus cache?

Would there be any consequences of having a coda vice server change
its IP address up to four times a day?

-ben