Coda File System

Re: ls: /coda/: No such device or address

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:10:24 +0800 (CST)
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net> wrote:

> Well, I appear to have gotten coda to work on linuxppc (and most likely
> mklinux). Both venus and vice start up and connect to each other. I also
> started a venus on a 486 box I have, and it happily connects and can
> create directories and appears to work fine (althoug I haven't done much
> testing).
>
> (If you want to build coda on a linuxppc system, let me know. Getting it
> working involves applying some (rather rough) patches I have, and using
> an older version of the c++ standard library, since the one that comes
> with egcs (and linuxppc) is *not* thread safe.)
>
> However, venus (and the coda kernel module) don't appear to be working
> correctly on PPC. On the machine running both the server and client, if I
> try to do 'ls /coda/' I get the following error:
>
> [root_at_altus coda-4.6.1]# ls /coda/
> ls: /coda/: No such device or address

What do "ls -l /dev/cfs0" and "lsmod" show ?  On my working
client client (Linux/Intel), they show

[root_at_duet /root]# ls -l /dev/cfs0
crw-r--r--   1 root     root      67,   0 May 15 18:22 /dev/cfs0
[root_at_duet /root]# lsmod
Module         Pages    Used by
coda              12            2 (autoclean)

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                              Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,    Fax: (852)-26035024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong     Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk