Coda File System

RE: Potemkin

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:36:00 -0400 (EDT)
Basically I tried to port Potemkin to Windows 95 - and that caused the
problems.

The key issue has to do with inode numbers.  I bet Potemkin will work
again if you tell Getattr to return the inode number of the container -
e.g. the inode number of the file in /tmp/mount.

Upon Open you then pass the same inode number again, now also with the
device number of the disk.  In fact if you fish up coda-4.4.0, it probably
has the old-working version in.

BTW, the reason I'm rudely suggesting that you fix this yourself is that a
solid understanding of issues like this is __exactly__ what you will need
to get the translator.  I know it's hard.

- Peter -