Coda File System

coda rescue?

From: Jeff Breidenbach <jeff_at_multivac.jab.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:37:22 -0400
Hello folks,

I have been using Coda 4.6.5, with great success for a while.
However, I have managed to bork my Coda server machine badly
enough that that I can no longer run Coda. Specifically,
I've managed to mess up networking enouh to cause my network
card module to complain

/lib/modules/2.0.34/net/eepro.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Since I have been unsuccessful in fixing the problem, (in
single user mode, poking around, whatever) I cannot run my
Coda server. What I can do, and did, was put a fresh linux installation
on my spare partition, mounted the old partition, chrooted it,
and tried to run the Coda server. No dice, but I can easily read
the /vicepa partition.

So here's the question - is there a "convert your /vicepa files
to a refular filesystem" emergency utility, or is my best hope
to keep trying to get the Coda server working. My manually
created backups lag a week and half...sigh.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff

PS I did manage to get a few files out of /vicepa sing rgrep,
but it sure wasn't fun!