Coda File System

Re: v4.7.1 kernel 2.1.125, 4.7.2 client

From: Anders Hammarquist <iko_at_cd.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:06:58 +0200
> > From the logs I looked at, I checked into the GetAdmConn and GetConn
> > functions, and they both return 110, which equals the VBUSY define.
> >
> > I think this is because the connection isn't even established in the first
> > place..
>
> It could be that the real replies are never reaching your machine. Somehow
> BUSY and NAK replies are sent to the address of the interface that sent the
> request, while replies are sent to the IP-address of the host(name). This
> could explain why you do see BUSY's, but no connection setup.

Some weeks ago, there was something in the path between me and testserver that
was dropping all but the first fragment of a fragmented packet, and it gave
very strange phenomena (sftp needs fragmented udp packets to make it through).
You may want to check that (for example by pinging with > 1500 byte packets).

Regards,
/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko_at_cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87