Coda File System

Re: installed trees with shared libraries in coda, not world readable?

From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen <ehs_at_control.auc.dk>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:11:22 +0100 (MET)
On 24 Nov 1998, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I compiled some programs that I wanted to make available to all of my
> coda clients.
>
> For this code I ran configure with --prefix=/usr/foo, and then after
> doing the install locally copied the tree rooted at /usr/foo to
>
>  /coda/project/bar/foo-top/usr/foo
>
> I set acls on all of this so that it was all for me and rl for the
> group.
>
> Then, on clients I made a symlink
>  /usr/foo -> /coda/project/bar/foo-top/usr/foo
>
> I tried to run one of binaries me (I had tokens) and it failed not
> finding a shared library that was in /usr/foo/lib.
> I tried to run ldconfig as root, and couldn't read the libraries.
> So I made the library dir world readable, and then I could run
> ldconfig.
>
> How do people deal with this?  Do I have to create a root user and
> give it a coda password, and run clog for it out of cron on the
> clients?
> Any other thoughts?

I have had very similar problems.  I installed staroffice 5 on
Coda, and I could not get it to work...  I used strace to find
track down the problem.  This is where it fails:

open("/coda/swrep/ies/pack/soffice/5.0/linux-i386/lib/libone505li.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOSPC (No space left on device)
open("/lib/libone505li.so", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libone505li.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

How open (in read mode) of a file give a "No space left on device" error ?

--
/Esben  (bart_at_sunsite.auc.dk)

Obviously I was either onto something, or on something.
             -- Larry Wall on the creation of Perl

[B