Coda File System

TODO's for using coda

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith_at_cuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:36:03 -0500 (EST)
The college here is getting a new server, which will inevitably be
accompanied by some fairly big changes in the roles of servers and how
those servers provide necessary services. One of the possibilities that we
are considering is using coda to serve home directories, in order to allow
a level of security with uncontrolled client workstations (and potentially
redundant servers in the future).

Obviously I'm going to do some investigating myself once the new machine
gets here, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to feasability,
caveats, etc. I'm willing to put some time into making necessary
improvements in coda, but I'm not exactly a filesystem expert. Since this
is a setup that needs to have a high uptime and not lose mail, is it
possible for someone to say "no this will not work at all" or "yes it is
possible - here are the pieces you would need to polish up."?

Thanks in advance,
-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
Linux renders ships. NT renders ships useless.