Coda File System

Re: news from alphaland

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:56:06 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Jason Duerstock wrote:

> I haven't made any changes yet.  I don't have the foggiest idea what those
> two routines do or how to code them in alpha assembly.
>
> Assuming I can get a reasonable explanation, I will try to harass someone
> else into coding them for me or at least get myself pointed in the right
> direction.

The routines in process.s save and restore all the CPU registers for
thread switching. You might try borrowing lwp process.s code from Arla
(like I did for PPC) to get an idea where to start.

Also check the mailing list archives.. I though someone else had worked on
alpha stuff previously.

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy_at_microux.com     |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |