Coda File System

Coda server and big files

From: Alessandro Bruciamonti <abruciamonti_at_bci.it>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:25:45 +0100
Hello all!

I've set up a Coda server that works, but it seems to have
problems on big files.

If I try a "tar xvf bigfile.tar" on /coda the server stops
responding after a small amount of time.

Server logs, cmon and other things seems to be ok (cmon
reports server up and running, processes are running, auth
responds), but if I try a "ls /coda" or even a "cd /coda", I
get the following error:

on server:

[root_at_core2 /]# ls -la /coda
ls: /coda: Device not configured

on a client, all seems to be ok, except that I don't find
all the files contained in the original tar file.

I don't know if it can be a configuration error, or an
actual server error, because logs do not report any error or
mismatch.

Thank you in advance for help!

Alessandro

--