Coda File System

Newbie coda questions

From: Kevin Day <toasty_at_home.dragondata.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:22:48 -0600 (CST)
If this isn't the correct place to ask these questions, let me know and i'll
repost elsewhere. :)

I'm currently using NFS in a smallish network, where i've got one NFS server
where all users's home directories and mail is stored, and 3 NFS client
servers, that users actually login to.

My problems with NFS are too numerous to list, but essentially I'm looking
for something more stable under FreeBSD, that can handle short network
outages, and could possibly be a bit faster.

Will coda run well having 500-800 users running applications over the mount,
as well as the occasional mail reader?

Anyone doing something similar to this now that has any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin Day
DragonData