Coda File System

Newbie question (fwd)

From: <zorton_at_grunt.burnitup.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:45:47 -0900 (AKST)
Hi,
	I've been toying with the idea of putting coda in over here for
about the past 3 months or so.  I've finally decided that I have to do
something and I don't want to mess around with NFS any more.  It's a mess.

	What i've been trying to acomplish is connect two machines
together with some kind of redudant network filesystem, I would love for
the data to be encrypted and also offer some sort of redudancy (ie, one
machine goes down the other can keep serving what the other did with some
kinda of cache).  I know coda can do all of this but i'm having problems
with the authentication issues.  I need the filesystem to be transparent
as possible for the users (when a person has trouble understanding what a
login prompt is, they arn't going to understand clog and networked
filesystems, and I don't want have to spend 20 minutes a day explaining it
:)

	As far as I understand each coda mounted filesystem map's the uid
and gid "nobody" for anyone accessing it without being authenticated.
what I would love to happen is have /home/USER/$USER be mounted under a
coda filesystem, /home/USER would be setup as a replicated volume to peon.

Is this all possible or am I simply dreaming? :)

if not any pointers to anything that would alow me to acomplish this?

Thanks
Justin