Coda File System

NFS coda ???

From: xiyuan qian <xiyuan_at_dns.hgs.com.cn>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:10:55 +0800 (CST)
Hi, I am now maintaining a game server which can let players connect in to play
each other. The player's num is growing very fast. With only one server, it is
very hard to work well. Is it possible for me to add one server to the net and
 let the new server balance the trafic? How can this new server work together
with the old one? NFS or AFS or ??? to manager the players data?

Best regaurds!

> FreeBSD's NFS is not very stable and doesn't like big load. Why not use
> something like mysql?
>
> Peter

Thanks all. My server program is more using file systems, that is all the
match and players' messages are stored in directories and files and there is
many arrays in the program to handle the connectons. If use mysql database,
how can I translate all these? Can I put all the info one one server and let
the other server to visit them?

Best regaurds!

--xiyuan