Coda File System

Re: bootp using coda.

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:42:52 -0400
We actually played with this.  Clearly a computer using Coda needs a
disk.  So our model was to allow a small amount of stuff to reside on
the local disk, enough to get the cache manager going.

In the later stages of the "init" process, we would "chroot" to /coda
(or somewhere below it).

Michael Callahan and I were the first to try it, and it worked, then
Keith Winstein went further and actually got it going I think.

If you search on Coda list between June and September 1998, you'll find
the messages.

- Peter -