Coda File System

Re: Continuing saga...

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 18:33:44 -0400
ivey_at_realminfo.com said:
| RECAP: Red Hat 6.0, venus 4.6.5, error: can't getservbyname, even
| though /etc/services looks fine

Oh, THAT explains it, I didn't consider anybody was using an old
version of venus (only about 8 months ;)

The 4.6.5 version calls getservbyname with a second argument of 0,
instead of "udp". This was fixed in the early 4.7's when we merged
in the contributed patches for linux-PPC.

ivey_at_realminfo.com said:
| I upgraded venus to 5.2.0, and it seemed happier...did the scans,
| LRDB alloc, etc...
|
| Then I get
| GetRootVolume: can't get root volume name!

And now I understand this one as well, the following is from the
announcement for the coda-5.0.0 release:

"""
Compatibility with previous versions:

 - network protocol: can coexists with 4.6.7 and later
 - disk format client: can only coexists with 5.0pre1
 - disk format for server: backward compatible
"""

So you will need to upgrade your server otherwise a 5.2.0 client cannot
talk to it.