Coda File System

Re: getcwd

From: Miklos Szeredi <Miklos.Szeredi_at_eth.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:44:09 +0200
> What operating system and version of venus are you using?

Sorry, I forgot. It's Linux 2.2.10 and linux-coda-5.2.3-linux2.2.9.tgz
as coda module.

> So when your userspace code sets up the directory data, it has to pick
> the fids for all directory entries, and can then fill in the correct
> inode numbers in the directory structure.

OK. I'm beginning to understand: the value of 'va_fileid' must match
the inode number calculated from the Fid.

But what is still not clear: when venus sets up the local directory
structure, does it choose the Fids so that the calculated inode number
matches the actual inode number of the local file? How can it do this?

Thanks,
Miklos