Coda File System

Server Startup Troubles

From: Len Burns <lburns_at_sasquatch.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 04:16:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Here is another one for those wiser than I.  After suspecting that my
client problem is related to something interfering with its connection
to the testserver, I decided to build a server to test it.  I built
version 5.2.7 from package source, on a NetBSD-1.4 i386 machine.  Build and
install were uneventful.  I ran vice-setup, followed its instructions
carefully, and upon running startserver& I see log output shown below:
/vice/srv/SrvErr:
Assertion failed: err == RVM_SUCCESS, file "srv.cc", line 1729
Sleeping forever.  You may use gdb to attach to process 25873.solstice#

/vice/srv/SrvLog:
03:53:44 Resource limit on data size are set to 1073741824

03:53:44 Server etext 0x154fd0, edata 0x1712e0
03:53:44 RvmType is Rvm
03:53:44 Main process doing a LWP_Init()
03:53:44 Main thread just did a RVM_SET_THREAD_DATA

03:53:44 Setting Rvm Truncate threshhold to 5.

Error rvm_load_segment returns 209
03:53:44 rds_load_heap error RVM_EOFFSET
My /vice/srv.conf file looks like:
/vice/srv.conf:
-rvm /dev/wd1f /dev/wd1g 22m

So, have I found a bug, or am I doing something wrong?  Where do I go
from here?  Thanks in advance.

-Len
--
Len Burns,
Site Engineer for Sasquatch Computer

Mastery of UNIX, like mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of
freedom is always dear, but there's no substitute. Personally, I'd rather pay
for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, pop-up-happy dungeon like NT.
- Thomas Scoville