Coda File System

Re: Adding new users with pdbtool

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:29:42 -0400
On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 07:21:27AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I am guessing that the problems are due to incomplete conversion to
> the ntohl/htonl conversion just made to make the pdb
> endian-independent.

No, it was not related to that. The code was doing a read-modify-write
of the database record containing the maxids, and for some reason this
confused libdb. I managed to fix it by doing read-copy-modify-write.

> It would be nice if there were an 'pdbtool export' command that
> printed out the contents in plain ascii so that it could be edited if
> necessary and then fed into 'pdbtool import'.

Added this as well, I believe it will be a very useful feature. The dump
format mimics the format used by /etc/passwd and /etc/group. The
differences are that the first member of a group will be the group
owner. This information is currently not used, but in the future a group
owner should be able to add/remove groupmembers. And :'s in the group
names are encoded as %'s.

I also modified pdbtool to accept all commands from the commandline.
Because pdbtool used to consider first argument on the commandline as a
file to parse commands from, I've added a `source' command.

For those who are interested, I'll attach a patch against 5.2.7. Greg's
`ids' command to list the current maxids is also included.