Coda File System

linux coda 5.2.7 and locking

From: Bill Gribble <grib_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:11:32 -0500
I was running the (hideously hinting of future timesinkage) Loki
Software demo of Myth II for Linux.  I have a cluster of about 10
machines set up to share home directories on a Coda cell.

Quitting Myth reliably and completely kills both the client and the
coda server.  I reckon it's related to file locking issues; Myth
creates a directory in your home dir that has a bunch of state files,
and coda spewed some locking-related information.  Unfortunately it
didn't log anything the last time it happened and I can't kill the
server at the moment to reproduce it or several users would be
irritated.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble