Coda File System

Re: venus clog problems

From: Coda <coda_at_cedar.abhost.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) wrote:

> jrs wrote:
> >
> > I just got coda 5.2.7 running on linux 2.2.9 and everything seems to work
> > fine.  On a second linux 2.2.10 box I've also installed coda 5.2.7, but
> > have not yet configured it as a a server.  I have the following problem
> > on that second machine:
> >

> If you indeed has a server (with the coda user jrs created), then
> can you see what is in the server's /vice/auth2/AuthLog ?

The /vice/auth2/AuthLog on the server looks like this:

--------------

10:55:19 In PWGetKeys()
10:55:19 	vid = 500
10:55:19 	vid = 500
10:55:19 AuthNewConn(0x2089c4d1, 0, 66, 2, 500)

--------------

on the client side I do this:

--------------

jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ date
Fri Aug 13 10:55:10 PDT 1999
jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ clog
username: jrs
Password:
Local login only, could not contact venus
jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ ctokens

Token held by the Cache Manager:

Local uid: 500

GetLocalTokens error (2)

I can only guess that It's some kind of error on the client side of
things.  The AuthLog looks the same as for entries comming from the venus
that's running on the server (which works fine)

A few days ago the GetLocalTokens error was (22), now it's (2).  Is there
a list of what these errors mean?

-- Jonathan