Coda File System

Re: A simple question about creating file

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:08:01 +0800 (CST)

> I am a newer for Coda.
>
> I create a SCM and server and client on same machine ( just for
> beginning ). I can start server and venus. Then I clog into auth server.
>
> Now I
> want to make a directory lw under /coda.
>
> The venus reports:
> mkdir: cannot make directory 'lw': Permission denied.

Can you run

1. cfs la /coda   # show the access control list of /coda
2. ctokens        # show the coda token you currently have
3. cfs whereis /coda     # is the coda root volume hosted by your server ?
                         # or sometimes people accidentally point to
                         # testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu

and tell us the result ?

Also, you may want to read section 3 of the Coda Howto
  coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/coda-howto.html
(just in case you missed it.)

-- Clement
Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                         |    Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, | Mobile: (852)-98421024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong   | Real-time Msg.: 41792200 (ICQ)
WWW: www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~clement     | Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk