Coda File System

gcc-2.95 patches (untested)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:53:49 +0900 (JST)

    Troy> Attached is a patch which I just used to build coda with
    Troy> GCC-2.95. However, I haven't had a chance to test this, so
    Troy> someone let me know how this works.

I made very similar changes, and managed a build.

I cannot get venus-5.2.7 to initialize; it hangs up unable to get the
RootVolume name.  (Hang up == every thirty seconds it tries again
until killed.)  This is true both with a local venus and a venus
across the net, and also with a not-yet-updated venus-5.2.0.

Shoulda known better than to upgrade file system code with the
"just-before-vacation" release.  :-P

    Troy> As for adding the -fpermissive flag, here is what I use in
    Troy> my RPM spec file:

    Troy> MYFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fpermissive" make

Under Debian, "CXX='g++ -fpermissive -fno-exceptions debian/rules" at
a bourne shell prompt works.  "CXXFLAGS=-fpermissive -fno-exceptions"
doesn't work.