Coda File System

Coda release 5.3.1 (unstable, development)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 19:34:55 +0900 (JST)

    Jan> Coda Distributed File System, version 5.3.1

    Jan> There is a new snapshot of the Coda development tree, which
    Jan> has been built for the following platforms:

    Jan>     Linux (RedHat-5.2)

So I assume that gcc-2.95 is _not_ yet "supported"?  In particular I
guess that as long as most people are using compilers that don't (?)
support pointer-to-(member-function)s, the "hidden this pointer" hack
won't go away.  True?

How about the other two main issues (prototypes with missing/wrong
return types and the "goto crosses object initialization" problem, in
vproc.cc IIRC)?