Coda File System

Re: coda test server

From: Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:11:38 -0500 (EST)
Excerpts from mail: 21-Nov-99 coda test server by Ben_at_one.net
> I just compiled and installed the coda 5.3.3 tarball under Debian Linux
> (potato). The coda kernel module is loaded. When I point the client at
> testserver.cs.cmu.edu it "Cannot find RootVolume".

 One oddity that happened to me when I tried to use
"testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu" is that I could ping and nslookup, but
venus still couldn't find the machine.  I put it in my /etc/hosts file
and all worked fine.. I'm still pretty baffled by it, BTW.  Only venus
couldn't find the machine and when I used gdb to see what venus was
trying to gethostbyname.. it was sure enough correct.

--
 Tom