Coda File System

Re: venus-server connectivity problem ! (linux)

From: Vidyamani Parkhe <vparkhe_at_cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:10:14 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I just looked up the /vice/db folder again and noticed something
strange -

the following files are empty (0 bytes)

 VRDB.new
 /vice/vol/AllVolumes
 /vice/vol/AllVolumes.new (??)
 /vice/vol/BackupList
 /vice/vol/BigVolumeList
 /vice/vol/partitions.new
 /vice/vol/RWlist

(i have no clue why there is an addition of the ".new" suffix, it
just appeared when i restarted the server)

also

/vice/vol/remote directory is empty ..

i went through the bldvldb.sh and realised that it uses the
/vice/vol/remote/*.list to make up the /vice/vol/BigVolumeList, which
(as stated above) is empty too.

tried one more thing:-

volutil makevldb w22

	V_BindToServer: binding to host w22
	VOlMakeVLDB failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 102

i am looking up the scripts one after the other but it slows down the
process if come across a binary (volutil)

thanks,

vidyamani

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Jan Harkes wrote:

  > On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 07:10:19PM -0500, Vidyamani Parkhe wrote:
  > >
  > > hi,
  > >
  > > thanks a lot for the reply.
  > >
  > > i created the volume. initially the volumes were "14" and "15" ... but
  > > making one as "rv1" did not help ... the same error messages.
  > >
  > > i was wondering where venus looks for the "volinfo" ?? was just about
  > > to look up the source code.
  > >
  > > thanks.
  > >
  > > vidyamani
  > >

  > Volume replication: /vice/db/VRDB
  > Volume location:    /vice/db/VLDB
  >
  > These are generated on the SCM using the AllVolumes and VRList files
  > by bldvldb.sh, which is started by the createvol_rep script.
  >
  > Jan

Vidyamani Parkhe
Email: vparkhe_at_cise.ufl.edu
Voice: (352) 381-0084 (Res.)