Coda File System

Re: coda win98 client, kernel support faded

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:38:02 -0500
On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 10:40:04PM -0500, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:
> I fetched the 3.2.4 win98 coda client distribution, and having uninstalled
> my previous one, installed this one, and rebooted, codastart is able to
> load venus but the whole kernel section (on the right) is faded out.
>
> Any ideas why this might be? I'm running the latest win98, with ie 5.01
> and all critical windowsupdates.

The kernel support code (relay), has been folded into venus. So relay
doesn't need to be started separately anymore. Unmounting is best done
while venus is running by using 'cfs uk' (unload-kernel). Once venus is
not running and N: (Coda) is still mounted, use 'unmount N:' to get rid
of the mountpoint.

There are still some problems that we are working on. For some reason it
is not possible to open office files directly from Coda, double clicking
them gives either a blue screen, or an error is reported by the office
application. Copying them to the local disk/desktop with explorer, and
then doubleclicking works.