Coda File System

RPC2 problems

From: Bradley Marshall <bmarshal_at_PIsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:30:18 +1000
Hi,

We're trying to install a Linux 2.2.14 coda 5.3.3 server,
and the following messages appear in /vice/srv/SrvLog during
startup:

  16:18:34 VCheckVLDB:  could not open VLDB
  16:18:34 VInitVolPackage: no VLDB! Please create a new one.

This seems to indicate that there is no VLDB - whenever we
try to create a VLDB, we get the following:

  # volutil create /vicepa/ u.test
  V_BindToServer: binding to host cox.staff.plugged.com.au
  VolCreate failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 103

Occasionally, when we try different methods to create the VLDB
we get RPC2 return code 102.

  # ./bldvldb.sh
  Fetching /vice/vol/Volumelist from cox.staff.plugged.com.au
  V_BindToServer: binding to host cox.staff.plugged.com.au
  VolMakeVLDB failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 102

Any advice?

Thanks,
Brad
--