Coda File System

Re: RPC2 problems

From: Bradley Marshall <bmarshal_at_PIsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 17:17:20 +1000
On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 02:55:34AM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 05:30:18PM +1000, Bradley Marshall wrote:

> I normally use the createvol_rep script. It uses volutil create_rep,
> which might have the same problems, but at least it creates a replicated
> volume, non-replicated volumes have some annoying side-effects like not
> supporting disconnected operation. They are therefore almost unused
> except for the read-only backup volumes.

Ah, I see.  I saw references in the docs to createvol, but
not many to createvol_rep - it wasn't clear (at least to me)
which I should use.

Using createvol_rep with the volume name from /vice/ has fixed
this problem; we're working through other issues as they come
up now - Coda's looking like a great filesystem.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Bradley Marshall