Coda File System

Re: Coda and Cyrus

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:43:22 -0500 (EST)
I checked the docs on cyrus and it stores messages individually in files,
as does qmail maildir, and I checked the source to confirm that it does in
fact use hardlinks extensivly..

Is there a clean way to allow hardlinks in coda between directories? As
far as I know, the reason links are used for mail delivery is to make
things reliable over nfs. Since we're taking nfs out of the picture, how
about having a coda flag so that a directory hierachy could be set to
'move' files when unlink is called on files within it?