Coda File System

RE: coda and qmail, hard links

From: Mark Peglow <mark_at_cumulusmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:40:30 -0600
> From: Laszlo Vecsey [mailto:master_at_internexus.net]
>
> The tweaks needed were to redefine or change the 'link' and 'unlink'
> functions in qmail's maildirdeliver and pine's maildir patch
> with 'rename'
> and 'remove' respectively.
>
> The only reason for using hardlinks for mail delivery, afaik,
> is to make
> storage on nfs reliable. But since we're using coda, we can move and
> delete the files directly.

I tried this, but unfortunately it did not do the trick.  What I am seeing
is
corruption in the cyrus.index and cyrus.cache files when they are written by
deliver and imapd.  The cyrus reconstruct works (and corrects the mailboxes)
because it is just doing file I/O operations, and not memory mapping the
as does deliver and imapd.  I am working on decoding the cyrus structures to

see if I can find where the writes/reads are going wrong.

Thank you for all of your help,
Mark.
--
Mark Peglow,  Network Administrator E-Mail: mark.peglow_at_cumulusmedia.com
Mail: Cumulus Media 111 E. Kilbourn Ave suite 2700, Milwaukee, WI 53202