Coda File System

User and group databases?

From: Quinn Weaver <qweaver_at_vovida.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:27:07 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I'm having some troubles setting up groups.coda and user.coda.  I can't
seem to find their file format explained anywhere.  The man pages are missing
(as are their converted HTML equivalents).  Can somebody help me out here?

By the way, as I've read through the Coda documentation, I've found a number
of little inconsistencies:  various references to groups_coda and user_coda
as opposed to groups.coda and user.coda respectively, references to pwd2pdb
instead of pwdtopdbtool.py, and the like.  I would like to help bring the
documentation up to date.  Is there something I can do?  Should I submit
these problems on the bug report page?  I really appreciate having this
good software at my disposal, so I'd like to help out.

I look forward to setting up a production Coda system here (and then
finally getting back to writing code. ;^) )

Cheers,

--
Quinn Weaver  Software Engineer  ,      Vovida Networks  http://www.vovida.com