Coda File System

RE: CODA Sever with 42G

From: Michael Rothwell <rothwell_at_office.ilan.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:53:04 -0500
I wouldn't say that either AFS or Coda are good choices for hosting
databases, as they are propagate-on-close systems. Databases are always
appending blocks to and modifying blocks in the middle of files. I don't
know about the practical capacity limits of AFS, but CODA would choke on
both gigabytes and terabytes of data. You'll probably be better of using a
storage array from MTI and a fibre-channel SAN.

-M