Coda File System

Re: RPC2 function with secure

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:50:16 -0500
On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 10:34:16PM +0900, Masanori Nishijima wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a question about a RPC2 call.
> In the case of "clog", it communicates with secure.
> (RPC2_NewBinding() RPC2_MakeRPC() SecurityLevel=RPC2_SECURE)
> The other way, it communicates with non-secure between venus and vice.
> (RPC2_MultiRPC() SecurityLevel=RPC2_AUTHONLY)
>
> I think that I communicate with secure.
> but I don't find where RPC2_MultiRPC() is called in venus.
> Please advise me the place of function call if you konw.

I believe we generally use RPC2_MakeMulti as a wrapper around
RPC2_MultiRPC. The security-level is defined while setting up the
connection to the server in userent:Connect() (user.cc) When the user
has tokens an authenticated secure connections is created, otherwise an
unauthenticated unsecured connection is set up.

Every call to a servergroup is preceded with vol->GetMgrp(uid) which
returns the (possibly authenticated) connection for that user.