Coda File System

Re: diskless coda client

Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:06:47 +0100
Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> The next thing I'm working on is chroot'ing into the /coda partition, but
> I've run into a problem. 'mknod' files don't appear on it, and so I'm at a
> loss as to what to do with the devices in /dev. I thought of mounting
> another ram drive as /dev, but in order to do that I need access to a
> /dev/ram device first! Chicken egg problem, again.

maybe you should check
  http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/docs/devfs.txt
which will be included in 2.4

or create a file - mount it via loopback, put all the
dev files into it. you can use this file on your clients
and mount it on /dev

Gustl

--
august.hoerandl_at_gmx.at          How long do any persist?
                                Netscape, too, has gone.