Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Madhav <msp_at_srasys.co.in>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:53:28 +0530
----- Original Message -----
From: Love <lha_at_stacken.kth.se>
To: <codalist_at_TELEMANN.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: newbie question

> Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > > [root_at_server1 /root]# createvol_rep rootvolume E0000100 /vicepa
> > > Servers are (server1 )
> > > HexGroupId is 7F000001
> > > creating volume rootvolume.0 on server1
> > > V_BindToServer: binding to host localhost.localdomain
> > > RPC2_NewBinding to server localhost.localdomain failed with
RPC2_NOBINDING
> > > (F)
> > > Failure to make volume on server1!. Abort..
> >
> > The "localhost.localdomain" seems suspicious - it should be "server1"
> > instead.
>
> It also can be redhat lossage if you do gethostbyname("server1"); and
> server1 is the local computer name and order (in /etc/host.conf) is
> hosts,bind (or something like that).
>
> This is since redhat add to a a line like this to your /etc/hosts
> in their installation program:
>
> 127.0.0.0.1     localhost.localdomain localhost server1.yourdomain
>
> Love
Hi ,

Is anybody out there. I am still getting the same message after editing the
/etc/hosts
to have the server name as server1 instead of localhost.localdomain.
This is what I got this time.

[root_at_server1 /root]# createvol_rep rootvolume E0000100 /vicepa
 Servers are (server1 )
 HexGroupId is 7F000004
 creating volume rootvolume.0 on server1
 V_BindToServer: binding to host server1
 RPC2_NewBinding to server server1 failed with RPC2_NOBINDING(F)
 Failure to make volume on server1!. Abort..

please help me.
Thanks,
Madhav