Coda File System

Re: Getting backups to work

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:31:40 +0100
On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 05:00:00PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> Ehh, there was something with the vicetab, let me check on our own
> backup server....
>
>     dvorak     /backup1    backup
>     dvorak     /backup2    backup
>     dvorak     /backup3    backup
>
> I guess you need something like this in /vice/db/vicetab.

I had this:

     # cat /vice/db/vicetab
     avl   /vicepa   ftree   width=64,depth=3

Judging from the examples you gave, and the virtually identical
example in the vicetab(5) file, I added the line

     avl /backup backup

to my vicetab.  This failed with a message saying that the
partition was malformed.  I then edited the vicetab and
put in the line

     avl /vicepa backup

This merely causes backup.sh to hang when it runs.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk